Monday, April 13, 2009

On the menu: week of 4/12/09


Good morning! Hope everyone had a beautiful Easter!

This is one of those weeks that I feel like I'm forgetting something that's going on. Ugh.

For now, though, here's the plan:




I know, I'm getting a bit sloppy. Ooh...that reminds me...we haven't had sloppy joes in awhile. I'll have to keep that in mind. But anyway.

Plan in plain English:

  • Monday - ribs (either barbecue, oriental or both kinds) with rice and salad (didn't get to those last week, and I still haven't decided what kind I'm making.)
  • Tuesday - clean out the fridge salad (yes, you heard that right - tossing hard boiled eggs, veggies and whatever else I decide needs to get used with some red leaf lettuce and calling it dinner!)
  • Wednesday - chicken pasta with marinara sauce
  • Thursday - pinto beans and rice
  • Friday - soup and sandwiches
On Friday, I'm planning to go to NU at the Heard Museum with my Aunt Roberta. We'll probably head over before the Hubs is off work, so he can either meet up with us or just stay home and chill if he's tired. (Yeah, I actually switched Thursday and Friday from when I wrote out and scanned in my plan. I had thought about putting the beans in the crockpot, but then I decided that a soup-and-sammy kinda dinner would keep things even more flexible.)

Oh! I almost forgot! I have hobo dinner pics for you (by request).


Again, I did this with mini pre-cooked burgers because that was in my freezer, but I normally use form raw ground beef into patties and then cook a longer time.



I might do a more in-depth how-to post next time I cook these the normal way, but this should give you the basic idea of how we pile everything up and wrap it in foil.

Happy meal planning/eating this week, and stop by the Chive Talkin' Menu Plan Blog Roll for more delicious ideas!

*****

P.S. Don't forget to type up your limericks for tomorrow's Perfectly Poetical Tuesday! Stop back by to link up and check out everyone's poetical creations!

Photos by me.

2 comments:

  1. Hey there!

    I am thinking that the "Clean Out the Fridge Salad" is going to be awesome...and since I am seeing so many soup and sandwiches on menus this week...I am inspired to have tomato bisque or soup and grilled cheese sandwiches on next week's menu. Thanks again for joining in the menu plan blog roll at http://blog.chivetalkin.com It's so much fun to inspire one another. Cheers! Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I'll have to try that hobo dinner. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say about that?