Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Perfectly Poetical: Limerick


You're just in time for the limerick edition of Perfectly Poetical Tuesdays!

If you're just tuning in, here's the deal:
Here's how to play today:
  • Blog in limerick form.
  • Link from your post to this post. (Buttons are optional. But cool.)
  • Leave your link and a comment here.
Next week's style: Dr. Seuss (ok, that's not a real style, but we're going with it! Lots of rhyming, whimsy, simple language and nonsense words. Have fun with it!)

Every life writes a poem. What does yours say this week? Let me know, and I'll stop by and visit your posts (but later in the day - meetings, etc. this morning).

[what mine says...]


Easter Candy Gone Wrong

There's one kind of candy that gives me the creeps.
I don't know how its inventor even sleeps.
Made of stale marshmallow,
Nastiness dyed pink or yellow
Why does anyone ever, ever eat peeps?






****
Photos: 1) eclipse_etc 2) psilver (silverph)

3 comments:

  1. *snort*

    I do enjoy my peeps, but i can see how some might find them distasteful. I, for one, do not understand the allure of the Cadbury creme egg. It's a little snot-like for me.

    I am STRUGGLING with my limerick today, girl! I will see what I can come up with, but it won't be nearly as good as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph! I love your limerick, probably even more so because I think peeps are the dirge of society (just kidding, not quite the dirge, but close!) We did our best... don't have too high of hopes. Smiles, Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. whew. That was hard. I feel like I've accomplished a new feat... Thanks for the nudge, Steph!

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say about that?