Monday, April 6, 2009

On the menu: week of 4/5/09

We had a great time this weekend (so great that I'm plum tuckered out!), but I'll be telling you more about that tomorrow - in acrostic form.

For now, let's stick to the menu...


  • Monday - hobo dinners
  • Tuesday - chicken taco salad (substituting warm flour tortillas on the side for tortilla chips)
  • Wednesday - Caregroup potluck
  • Thursday - chicken salad and tomato wedges on a bed of romaine lettuce
  • Friday - ribs (either barbecue, oriental or both kinds) with rice and some kind of vegetable
We didn't get to the hobo dinners last week, so I'll be making those tonight. Several of you sounded interested in that recipe. Have you tried it yet? Definitely let me know what you think!

Also, I'm supposed to bring a dessert to Caregroup Wednesday night to go along with an Italian dinner. Not sure what I'm going to bring, but it will need to be simple.

And that's all I have to say about that.

(Probably a nice change of pace, eh? ;)

More fabulous menu plans at Chive Talkin'.

4 comments:

  1. Hey! I am so laughing about Thursday night Chicken Salad! I love chicken salad...no grapes please and even curried chicken salad...Reminds me of summer for some reason. Flexitarian...I eat mostly raw and vegetarian at all other meals and animal protein maybe at 3-4 meals a week. See http://blog.chivetalkin.com/2009/03/18/theres-a-name-for-it.aspx for more info Thanks again for joining in on the menu plan blog roll. Please come again next week! Smiles, Jenna :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Steph,

    TOO funny!

    tacos (or taco salad) and ribs!! how many can we match up next week?!?!

    great menu!!

    do you have pics of hobo dinners??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen: Yeah, we'll have to see if we're on the same track next week too! :)

    I don't have pics of hobo dinners, since it's been a super long time since I've made them. (In other words, last time I made them was before I was constantly taking photos of our food! ;) I will shoot some for you tonight, though.

    P.S. In case you didn't catch it, here's what hobo dinners are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning! Nice to "meet" you. Enjoying your blog. Dropped by to say You've been surfed. Come on over to my blog to see what that means. ~verna

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say about that?