Friday, April 3, 2009

Quick Takes: birthday wishes to maybe camping


It's Friday. You know what that means: time for quick takes - the post where I wrap up the week, catch you up on my plants, and sometimes wax poetic about recent laundry adventures. Good times!


First of all and most importantly: happy birthday to my dad, who makes us laugh with his brilliant sense of humor but always offers a shoulder (and a hug!) when someone needs to cry, who is my friend, teacher, encourager, adviser, and the absolute best father a daughter could wish for! Love you, Dad!


One thing I forgot to mention last week was that the Hubs and I were working on (and now have finished) a Lord of the Rings puzzle, which you may think is kind of a nerdy thing to do, and I'm fine with that. Here's the thing. Sometimes, especially during allergy season, I get too tired at the end of the day to even read a book. I end up in front of the TV, even though I don't want that to be a really big habit for me. So when Liz and Matt said, "Do you guys want this puzzle?" A light bulb went on and I said yes. The Hubs and I had fun putting it together. And it was a great non-TV activity for those tired days. I could just zone out and try to figure out which part of the Ring of Power I was holding in my hand. So I think we'll do another one. Thanks, you two! :)


Rufus is doing great! He's sprouting up, and it looks like he might bloom.


In case you missed it, I did finally get a (real) post up yesterday. Well, it was yesterday in some parts of the world. Anyhoo, it was all about Perfectly Poetical Tuesdays, so you'll wanna check that out.


So this has been a week of late posts, hasn't it? It got me thinking, what if I just started posting later? Not as late as yesterday, but maybe in the early afternoon instead of the morning? What would you all think of that? Hmmm....


When I talk about being busy with work stuff, are you wondering what I'm up to? Wellll, I won't bore you with details, but here's a little overview: quoting (for design projects mostly), following up on quotes, getting my product info/client info/project info organized, learning about organic apparel, adding it to my shop and promoting my new stuff, trying to figure out what I'm going to do with my website, planning all kinds of poemy funness, designing coupons to be given out at the Heard Museum's NU event in May (if you're in Phoenix - mark your calendar for May 15 - I'll tell you more when the date gets closer), and...yeah...that should give you an idea of what I've been up to workwise.


For my dad's birthday, Dad, Mom, E, Christine, the Hubs and I were all going to go camping. We still might. Or we might just do a day trip. It's kinda up in the air right now. Either way, I'm sure we'll have fun, and there will be pics next week.

Make sure to check out the 7 Quick Takes headquarters!

5 comments:

  1. Hi. Saw you over at conversion diary. Just want to say thanks for the links to the quinoa recipes. I might give it another shot...

    also-i'm going to check out your other site... looks fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and--just read your blog description... my advice--try to retain who you are after babies, too. a lot of us have gotten too caught up in the mommy role & have lost/ignored the rest of who God made us to be. i'm working through it all now & have vowed to have conversations about this issue with any new moms/soon to be moms that i know & to encourage them in this area. i don't know you, but there you go. :) i can recommend some books if you want to read more about this issue...

    ok. i think that's all for now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charlotte: Wow, thanks for reading my superlong blog description! (I've gotta cut that thing down one of these days!) That is some great advice. If you ever write more on that issue, let me know. And I'm always open to book recommendations!
    I'm so glad you stopped by! Come back anytime. And feel free to let me know what you think/if you have any questions about my other site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just don't have the patience for puzzles. I can do the preschool ones but once you get over about 25 pieces . . . it is just too much for me.

    Found you from Conversion Diary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christi: Isn't it funny how an activity that one person finds fun/relaxing can be completely the opposite for someone else?! :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say about that?